Help The Children Hear
We are pleased to provide you with information
regarding "Help the Children Hear Inc." a Rotary
International Foundation project established, designed,
and created by Rotarians. This humanitarian effort is a
result of relationships bonded from the Rotary Youth
Exchange program and serves as an example of the Rotary
network combining the resources to make a difference.
The Rotary Club of Tucuman Sur, Argentina, The
Blairstown Rotary Club, Blairstown, NJ, USA, and The
Rotary Club of the Caldwells, Caldwell, NJ, USA had
initiated a joint project to address the lower income
hearing impaired children of Tucuman Province through a
Rotary International matching grant. This project has
now become a tax exempt 501 (c)(3) corporation.
- Address the hearing needs of children and others around the
- Provide the resources to continue to aid lower income hearing
- Give hope and support to all hearing impaired children around
- Encourage the mainstreaming of hearing impaired children into
the hearing world.
The immediate objective is to treat this physical deficiency at an
early developmental stage, enabling these children to fulfill a vital,
effective role in their country's future. Without intervention, they
have little hope because hearing is vital for the normal learning
process and full integration into a productive society. These hearing
devices will equip them with the tools required for such growth. With
the opportunity made available by out joint effort, these children
will have a real chance to stop a cycle of illiteracy and poverty.
- Address the problem at its most basic level
- Determine what must be done immediately
- Fill the need as soon as possible
- Develop an on-going supply of hearing products (hearing aids,
batteries and service)
- Collect and Recycle old hearing aids
How to Participate
Collect old, used and unused hearing aids (regardless of size,
condition or age).
Send these aids to:
HELP THE CHILDREN HEAR
PO Box 98
Caldwell, NJ, 07006
Or directly to:
HELP THE CHILDREN HEAR Inc.
c/o Starkey Laboratories, Inc.
PO Box 9457
Minneapolis, MN 55440
(note: account #Z3678)
- Credit will be placed into the HELP THE CHILDREN HEAR Inc.
- As credit of $50 is reached, we will be able to purchase 1 new
reconditioned hearing aid for a child in need.
- This will be bolstered with cash donations from other
organizations, corporations and individuals worldwide.
Your assistance and desire to share in this dream can make it a
reality. Please help by collecting old hearing aids and set up hearing
aid drops in your communities, companies and places of public access.
When submitting donations of any kind for HELP THE CHILDREN HEAR Inc.,
please identify the name, corporation, civic organization, in
celebration of or in whose memory. This will be noted in a tax-exempt
thank you letter.
Any or all of the above will be deeply appreciated, and you will know
in you heart that you have reached out and changed a child's life